To be eligible for the Government co-contribution, we must receive your voluntary contribution in our bank account by C.O.B. 30 June. Your banking institution may take up to 72 hours to process contributions – please contact your banking institution if you’re unsure.
The Government’s giving out free money!
Just by topping up your super some of it could be yours!
Boost your superannuation with the Government co-contribution! If you’re a low-income earner and make a personal after-tax superannuation contribution during the financial year, the Government will add some extra cash into your super account.
|Rate||Maximum entitlement||Matching rate||Lower threshold||Higher threshold|
How do I qualify for the Government co-contribution?
To qualify, you must meet the following criteria before the 30 June deadline:
- earned less than the higher income threshold for the financial year
- have a Total Superannuation Balance of less than $1.6m on 30 June in the financial year before the contributions are being made
- not exceed your non-concessional contributions cap in the relevant financial year
- obtain 10% or more of your income from eligible employment (check the ATO’s website for more information)
- be a permanent Australian resident
- lodge an income tax return for the relevant financial year
- be under 71 years of age
- make your own personal after-tax contributions to your super (see After-tax contributions for more information)
- make sure Intrust Super has your tax file number.
You can drip-feed payments into your account on a regular basis or make a one-off payment whenever you like. Payments can be made via direct debit, BPay, cheque or regular employer payroll deductions. See After-tax contributions for more information. Your government co-contribution is calculated after you lodge your tax return. Once you’ve lodged your return, the Tax Office will work out your co-contribution entitlement and then pay it straight into your Intrust Super account. Easy!
|If your voluntary contribution is:||$1,000|
|And your income is:||Your Government co-contribution is:|
|$39,837 or less||$500|
|$54,837 or more||$0|
Don’t miss out on free money!
Remember, we must have your tax file number (TFN) to accept any personal contributions to your superannuation account.
Also, if we don’t have your TFN on file, you could be paying more tax than you need to. To give us your TFN, log in to MemberAccess, download a TFN Declaration Form or contact us – we’d hate to see you miss out!